Saturday, August 29, 2009

LIFT ME UP


It has been long since my last post. Unfortunately I had to take the slow lane in putting up a new blog post because the work load has just been enormous; juggling business hustles and school work (I have had one too many assessments and assignment in a weeks period + three term papers that need researching and are all due within three weeks, and apparently we are also required to write up a business plan for the entrepreneurship class)... I wonder how I will hack my third year at "Stressmore" University with my sworn commitment to the blog and my business duties (now that "proprietor of Coinvest enterprises" is part of my C.V I have to live up to my duty).

Blog 101 states that any new blog should keep active by posting one sentence daily (the reason why Twitter platform exists) or at least one blog post each week. You should also have a regular time for blogging - which for me had been Thursday. But it is proving difficult with multi tasking seemingly becoming impossible especially because blog posts need to be well researched and informed. I am yet to attract a niche readership especially without supporting built up content - in blogger's lingo; 'Pillar Posts'.

Now, I have discovered another acclaimed way of successful blogging - posting comments in other blogs. This has made my time surfing the internet more worthwhile and opened up the larger world of blogosphere to me ( Previously I was only ardently reading Ben Casnocha and Start-ups in Kenya, and I acknowledge them for inspiring me to start a business and also blogging, SHUKRANI!) I will pursue this alternative of posting comments(Lio Mungai) and see where the path leads me as I seek to gain exposure.

I have stated before my love of reading and may I add that I also have this habit of writing down notes sometimes while I'm reading. I have this small jotter book where I have written down notes on my reading history and key points (Until recently I have been thinking this to be a "scrap book"). I presume blogging on these notes will enable me build up 'Pillar Posts'!

What has been your strategy to successful blogging?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Eliud,

Just read ''The day I became a criminal'', soft law & traffic act...interesting info.

I'd like to recommend a film , it featuring Ben Casnocha and other successful young entrepreneurs.

'' The YES Movie'' preview at www.TheYESmovie.com created by Louis Lautman.

Thanks,
Macy